Mac Allister, John Stones score goals as Liverpool and Manchester share honours

By Real11 - Mar 11 2024 126 Views


Liverpool and Manchester City shared a point each in match 28 of the EPL

It was an intense and chaotic game that took place between Liverpool and Manchester City and ended with a score of 1-1 at Anfield. The Visitors Man City managed to take the lead first through a goal from John Stones in the 23rd minute of the game. Meanwhile, The Hosts equalized thanks to Alexis Mac Allister's penalty in the 50th minute of the game. This additional point means Liverpool is stuck in second place with 64 points, while Manchester City is trailing in third place with 63 points. Both teams appeared to attack from the start, the first dangerous opportunity in this match appeared in the eighth minute when Kevin De Bruyne fired a hard shot from outside the penalty box which Kelleher managed to parry.

In the 18th minute, Anfield roared after Luis Diaz managed to break into Manchester City's goal. However, this goal was disallowed because Darwin Nunez, who gave Diaz a pass, was already in an offside position. The Visitors, who continued to press, finally broke the deadlock in the 23rd minute. Starting from Kevin De Bruyne's corner kick, John Stones managed to escape from Nunez's challenge and grabbed the ball with his kick and the visitors took a 1-0 lead.

Being left behind, The Reds stepped up their attacks in the 30th minute, Szoboszlai almost equalized after he perfectly headed Elliott's cross, but the ball still bounced over the City goal. Manchester City, who was under intense pressure from Liverpool, preferred to rely on counterattacks. One of them was seen in the 39th minute, where Haaland was able to go one-on-one with Virgil van Dijk and then fired a shot which unfortunately went straight into Kelleher's arms. The onward and upward attacks continued, but the 1-0 score remained until the end of the first half. During the break in the match, the two coaches did not make any substitutions. As a result, the match continued with the same composition as in the first half. In the 48th minute, Manchester City was awarded a penalty after Nathan Ake made a backpass which was captured by Nunez. Ederson tried to step forward to block the ball, but his foot hit Nunez so the referee pointed to the spot.

Alexis Mac Allister, who worked as an architect, managed to complete his job well so that the score was tied at 1-1. In the 55th minute, City changed goalkeeper after Ederson suffered an injury, Stefan Ortega entered as a goalkeeper for The Citizens. Man City immediately responded quickly in the 57th minute, Phil Foden almost broke into Liverpool's goal after receiving a through ball from De Bruyne, but Kelleher managed to ward it off. The entry of Mohamed Salah in the 61st minute made Liverpool's attack even more fierce. In the 63rd minute, Salah was able to provide a breakthrough pass to Luis Diaz, but unfortunately, Diaz's finishing was poor enough that the ball went wide of the City goal.

A few minutes later, Diaz again wasted a golden opportunity after he received Nunez's measured pass in the penalty box, but because he didn't shoot the ball straight away, the ball was cleared by Walker. In the 70th minute, Liverpool almost broke into City's goal after Robertson's cross was struck by Nunez, but Ortega managed to stop the ball. Three minutes later, it was City's turn to almost score after Kelleher's edge hit Foden's body, but the rebound only hit the crossbar.

In the 89th minute, Manchester City almost scored a goal through Jeremy Doku's shot from the left side, but unfortunately, the ball hit the post and bounced into Kelleher's arms. In injury time the match became more intense. Liverpool bombarded Manchester City's goal, but the score remained 1-1 until the final whistle.  

- Advertisement -

This game involves an element of financial risk and may be addictive. Please play responsibly at your own risk.
This game is applicable for people 18+ only.